Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Parkzone P-51D Mustang

I bought a second hand Parkzone P-51D Mustang last week from ebay. Only cost me £40 plus p&p. It arrived a couple of days ago so I had a go at putting it together last night. When putting it together I knew that it needed parts. The seller said that I needed a spinner (nose cone), a battery pack, a cover for the battery compartment on the transmitter and a cover for the battery compartment on the plane itself. I priced these parts on the internet last night as my local hobby shop is daylight robbery. I usually use www.squadronleader.co.uk for all my parts but they only stock parts for the models that they sell. They don’t sell the Parkzone P-51D Mustang version that I have as it is the older model with the Mhz transmitter and motor with gears. I did find another website on my search for parts www.podiumrc.co.uk . They stock parts for all different makes and models of any rc model, be it plane, helicopter, car…….

For the parts I require it comes to around £30 which is not bad. I could have invested a little more money for a new more up to date model but I wanted to get a model that I could “do up” and get down to the nuts and bolts of rc model planes. Given time (and money) I may even convert this mustang over to the 2.4 Ghz system and upgrade all of the electronics in the fuselage accordingly.


I will get pictures of both my models and spare parts and tool kit up on here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment